Remember summer reading? Like it or not, extracurricular reading ensures that you stay on top of your game, and as New Pros, anything we can do to keep ourselves more knowledgeable than expected will only benefit us.
Enter the New Pros of PRSA Summer Book Club!
We invite you to join us and our members as we read and discuss 3 books this summer.
Here’s how it will work: From June through August, everyone interested is invited to read the month’s book selection. On the first two Fridays of each month, we will post interviews with authors, discussion questions, and other things to the blog. You can participate by reading and commenting or simply following along.
Start your reading engines
Here are the books we plan to include in this summer’s Book Club: (Remember, the discussion will take place on the first and second Fridays in June; so make sure you have a copy of the June selection and start reading before then!)
- June – “Social Pollination” by Monica O’Brien
- July – “Made to Stick” by Chip Heath and Dan Heath
- August – Help us choose: Vote on our Facebook Page.
Vote for the August book by May 31
You can help us choose which book we should read in August. Vote on our Facebook Page by May 31. Here are your options:
- “The New Rules of Marketing and PR” by David Meerman Scott
- “Crush It: Why NOW is the Time to Cash In On Your Passion” by Gary Vaynerchuk
- “Trade-off: Why Some Things Catch On, and Others Don’t” by Kevin Maney