Blog for PRSA
We invite members of the PRSA New Professionals Section to contribute articles to our blog, and we invite everyone, including non-members, to contribute comments. Articles may address career advice, PR industry trends, personal experiences, marketing tactics, case studies, digital strategy, professional development and other similar topics. For 2017, we’re continuing monthly “themes” to help guide our writers and ensure content is aligned and cohesive.
Blog themes for 2017 include:
- January: Jump-start to 2017, Welcome from PRSA New Pros National
- February: Digital/social media + The evolving PR landscape
- March: What does PR look like for you? (Do you work remotely? Do you work in non-profit? At an agency? Tell us your PR story.)
- April: Continuing education (accreditation, graduate studies, alternative education + beyond)
- May: Graduation tips and leadership
- June: Measurement, math + PR: Embracing the data
- July: PR book reviews
- August: Diversity in PR and New Pros Week
- September: PR ethics
- October: ICON month and networking
- November: New technology and tools
- December: 2017 recap + looking ahead to 2018 (planning, work resolutions, etc.)
When submitting an idea, please note the topic, and which month’s theme it fits into.
Please discuss your blog post idea with the blog co-chairs** before submitting a fully written post:
Click HERE to contact the co-chairs via email.
** = as a reminder, contributors must be a PRSA New Professionals/PRSA paid member to be published on The Edge.
General Post Guidelines
- Posts should be between 300-600 words in most cases.
- Send a photo with your post and attribute the source of the photo.
- Attribute the source, speaker or author if you include statistics, facts, quotes or surveys.
- Start a conversation by ending the post with a question for readers.
- Write a short biography for the end of the post. Things to include: name, job position, PRSA Chapter and social media links. Please submit a headshot if possible.