Blog for PRSA
We invite members of the PRSA New Professionals Section to contribute articles to our blog, and we invite everyone, including non-members, to contribute comments. Articles may address career advice, PR industry trends, personal experiences, marketing tactics, case studies, digital strategy, professional development and other similar topics. To help you get started, we’ve compiled popular topics and themes:
- Welcome from PRSA New Pros National
- PR Specializations
- Metrics: Measurement and Analytics
- PRo Bono (leveraging volunteerism to expand your skill set)
- PR Best Practices (tips and tricks to help pros work more efficiently)
- Mid-year Check-in (staying on track with professional goals)
- Continuing Education (accreditation, graduate studies, alternative education + beyond)
- New Pros Week
- PR Ethics and Diversity
- ICON, Summits, Events and Networking
- PR Book, Tech & Podcast Reviews
- Look ahead (planning, work resolutions, etc.)
When submitting an idea, please note your larger topic/theme and any current events that may make it timely.
Please discuss your blog post idea with the blog co-chairs before submitting* a fully written post:
*As a reminder, contributors must be a PRSA New Professionals/PRSA paid member to be published on The Edge.
General Post Guidelines
- Posts should be between 300-600 words in most cases.
- Send a photo with your post and attribute the source of the photo.
- Attribute the source, speaker or author if you include statistics, facts, quotes or surveys.
- Start a conversation by ending the post with a question for readers.
- Write a short biography for the end of the post. Things to include: name, job position, PRSA Chapter and social media links. Please submit a headshot if possible.