Thank you for joining us for New Pros Week 2017!
Each year, PRSA’s New Professionals Section puts together a weeklong celebration of PR’s new, aspiring and up-and-coming professionals. Working together with PRSSA and PRSA, we organize conversations and programming that highlight the great things new pros bring to the profession.
This year, we decided to take it a step further and focus not only on our successes and newness, but to explore the opportunities out there for us to grow and learn as we progress through our careers. We worked to build conversations around what we need to know and what we can to to set ourselves up for career-long growth, how we can find and utilize a mentor relationship to grow as PR professionals, what we can do to give back and cultivate future PR talent, and the importance of building and maintaining our networks. In addition to conversations, we created handouts and guides to help members find their own path to success.
If you missed any of last week’s New Pros Week events, don’t worry – we’ve got you covered!
- Miss our Twitter chat “Planting seeds for career-long growth?” Catch the recap here.
- Couldn’t make our webinar “Fill Your Garden: Mentorship and making lasting connections” with Kelly Davis, APR, and Lori Marble, APR, Fellow PRSA? The replay will be going out soon via email, but check out these resources and the presentation from the webinar here.
- Want to build your network? Follow fellow New Pros and some of our favorite resources and inspiring accounts mentioned during #FollowFriday.
- Blog Posts
- Bonus – this month’s PRSA’s Public Relations Tactics featured a few great articles for New Pros, including one by our own programming chair, Robyn Rudish-Laning. Read the digital edition here or check your mailbox for your print copy.
Celebrating New Pros doesn’t have to be limited to just one week of the year!
If your organization or PRSA chapter is interested in engaging New Pros and creating programming for them, here are a few of our tips.
- Host a special viewing of a PRSA webinar for new professionals
- Sponsor a Networking Mixer or Happy Hour at a popular local restaurant or bar
- Coordinate a job fair or career connection event for new professionals
- Host at an event or workshop at a local company or agency
- Create a mentor program
- Host a happy hour or meetup around one of our upcoming programs