Remember that New Year’s resolution you made a few months ago to get in shape? When’s the last time you evaluated the shape of your career? If you haven’t lately, you should. Think about it: All aspects of our jobs are constantly changing and evolving, from the technology to the customers.
What can you do to keep up and stay ahead of the crowd? Practice “career fitness.”
Career fitness can help you increase your paycheck and your happiness at work. It includes several career-building activities that can be used to not only advance your career, but also clear a path to nonstop success. Join us for our webinar on Thurs., April 12 from 3:00-4:00 p.m. EST. It’s free for New Pros Section members!
- How employers’ expectations of workers are changing and what that means for you
- The key principles for effective career self-management in today’s hyper-kinetic workplace
- How to set goals that will keep your career moving forward, even in difficult economic times
- The seven facets of a healthy career and the best activities for developing each of them
- How to recognize and record your career accomplishments so they work for you
How can you reach peak career fitness? Register here!
Peter Weddle, author and Wall Street Journal columnist, is CEO of WEDDLE’s Research & Publications, which specializes in employment and workforce issues. WEDDLE’s guides to Internet employment sites are the gold standard of their genre, leading the American Staffing Association to call Weddle the “Zagat of the online employment industry.” His most recent books, “The Career Activist Republic” and “Work Strong: Your Personal Career Fitness System,” offer a frank, yet positive, assessment of the challenges and opportunities available to working men and women in 21st century America.